borage

borage

Monday, February 1, 2016

Why I started a garden

I started a garden way back in 2003. I always wanted to garden and never had the space at my moms house. When my boyfriend purchased a new home with a large backyard I begged for an area to have a garden. How cool would it be to have a quiet place where I can interact with nature and grow my own food.
I found a spot behind the garage that was semi-sunny that would support a small garden. The first year I grew Broccolli , cauliflower, onions, hot peppers, sweet peppers, and plenty of herbs. It was the greatest feeling in the world to grow all this from seed and to be able to walk out the back door and collect peppers and herbs to make dinner. Now I have had my garden for 13 years this year and I still love every minute of it, and cant wait for spring to get here to start a new garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment